- Colourful Kootenay adventurer, stonemason passes away
- Ice, Tigers set for epic playoff series finale
- Local racers compete at Whistler Cup
- To the moon and back
- Contractor named for new hospital ICU project
- French travellers head south on epic Rockies traverse
- How to protect yourself from the Heartbleed bug
- Our Town
Golf course at Shadow Mountain sold
The receiver-manager in charge of the Shadow Mountain Golf Ltd. confirmed Tuesday, Dec. 31, that the property has been sold to a buyers group out of Edmonton.
The receiver-manager was court appointed to manage the golf course on Jan. 8, 2013. It was not appointed over Shadow Mountain Properties Ltd. and so doesn't have authority to provide information on the property development at the location.
No further details of the nature of the purchase were available as of the Townsman's press time.
In 2007, the city boundary was expanded for the inclusion of the Shadow Mountain development. The city was notified by the Ministry of Community Services that the boundary expansion application had been approved through an order of council included and included Shadow Mountain.
According to the city's report at the time, Shadow Mountain consists of 232 hectares of land incorporated into the city as part of the larger "St. Mary Neighbourhood" boundary extension approved in October, 2007.