- IIO, firearms expert testifies at RCMP trial
- Wheat Kings and pretty things
- Economic issues at the forefront of debate
- Idlewild levels concerns raised in Cranbrook council
- Kimberley Business Expo becoming a regional affair
- Close encounters in Skunk Nation
- Testimony continues in RCMP shooting trial
- Letters to the Editor: October 8
- Alittle Voodoo on stage Live at Studio 64
- Land of Living Nightmares
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Three arrested for drug trafficking in Cranbrook
RCMP arrested three people for drug trafficking during a road check on Cranbrook Street North on Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Cpl. Chris Newel of the Kimberley RCMP said set up a road check after receiving a tip from the public about individuals involved in drug trafficking. Newel said the check had been going for over five hours when the suspect vehicle approached.
“A search of the vehicle located cocaine, heroin and crystal meth, along with drug paraphernalia,” Newel said. “Two males and one female were arrested and taken into custody.”
The 23 year old female and the two males, 44 and 26, are all currently in police custody.
RCMP are continuing the investigation and charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking are being considered.