- Black bear spotted on Rails 2 Trails
- Bravo for those weedeating goats!
- Wildfire season turns the corner
- Prospects show promise on opening day of Kootenay Ice training camp
- Trio of top prospects not in attendance at Ice camp
- Valiev preparing for pro hockey
- Helicopter pilot battled heavy winds, wildfire
- Our Town
Three arrested for drug trafficking in Cranbrook
RCMP arrested three people for drug trafficking during a road check on Cranbrook Street North on Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Cpl. Chris Newel of the Kimberley RCMP said set up a road check after receiving a tip from the public about individuals involved in drug trafficking. Newel said the check had been going for over five hours when the suspect vehicle approached.
“A search of the vehicle located cocaine, heroin and crystal meth, along with drug paraphernalia,” Newel said. “Two males and one female were arrested and taken into custody.”
The 23 year old female and the two males, 44 and 26, are all currently in police custody.
RCMP are continuing the investigation and charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking are being considered.