- KIJHL: Dynamiters renew work ethic heading into weekend
- Short-handed Ice overpowered by Hurricanes
- Wild boys soccer battle provincial competition in Burnaby
- Wesley opts not to report to Ice; deal with Hurricanes voided
- Ice acquire Wesley from Hurricanes
- Avalanche men split weekend to maintain mid-pack standing
- Lady Avs keep pace in competitive PACWEST
- Interior Health reviewing laundry services decision
- Black Friday fever to hit local businesses
- Province grants $25K to Cranbrook
- Chamber Turkey Drive in full swing
- Snow clearing crews spring into action
- Our Town
Three arrested for drug trafficking in Cranbrook
RCMP arrested three people for drug trafficking during a road check on Cranbrook Street North on Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Cpl. Chris Newel of the Kimberley RCMP said set up a road check after receiving a tip from the public about individuals involved in drug trafficking. Newel said the check had been going for over five hours when the suspect vehicle approached.
“A search of the vehicle located cocaine, heroin and crystal meth, along with drug paraphernalia,” Newel said. “Two males and one female were arrested and taken into custody.”
The 23 year old female and the two males, 44 and 26, are all currently in police custody.
RCMP are continuing the investigation and charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking are being considered.