- Ice prospect commits to BCHL Penticton
- Gun owner gets six months for accidental shooting
- Local couple helping with Nepali recovery
- 2015 Sweetheart candidates announced
- Idlewild Lake drawdown a gradual process
- Keep hospital laundry services local: Mayor
- Building permits down in first quarter
- 'Chaperone' sure to wake you up!
- Our Town
And we're on the air
Danielle Cardozo, sous chef at the Heid Out, is pictured with Dan Clapson (left) and Chris Shaften (right) in the Heid Out kitchen on Monday, Jan. 20. Cardozo, who has made the top 50 in the CTV program MasterChef Canada — and will appear in at least the opening episodes of the program — hosted a screening event for the series' first episode at the Cranbrook restaurant and brew pub. The kitchen accordingly served up Cardozo's signature dish, pan-seared miso-glazed rainbow trout, served with ponzu mushrooms and citrus miso broth. Cardozo invited two friends — celebrity foodies from Calgary — to join the event (which, needless to say, was sold out). Chris Shaften was a competitor in the third season of Top Chef Canada. Dan Clapson is a food writer who co-founded eatnorth.ca, writes for the Food Network and appears on Global Television. Here's cheering for a long TV run for Danielle Cardozo — and bon appetit, everybody!