- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- 'We can turn this around'
- Our Town
Women's hockey team heading to Vegas
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
The Cranbrook Shooters, a women's hockey team, is heading south of the border to compete in a recreational tournament featuring teams across the United States.
The ladies, a local group of hockey players, regularly attend tournaments around the region in Kimberley, Creston and Spokane, but are making the return to Vegas after an 11-year hiatus.
The Las Vegas Women's Hockey Classic has three divisions—upper intermediate, intermediate and novice—with the Shooters competing in the latter category.
"It's every year at this time in January, held in Vegas," said Kelle Maag, a returning veteran from the last time the team went to the tournament. " It's large. There's a lot of women's teams coming. We're playing a team from Chicago and Washington D.C. and Colorado, I think."
Those three games are guaranteed, however, the team will play a fourth if they get into the finals.