- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Calgary woman killed in Kootenay Park accident
On February 15, at about 10 a.m., Columbia Valley RCMP and East Kootenay Traffic Services/RSU responded to a report of a collision on Highway 93, in Kootenay National Park near Vermillion Crossing.
A 24-year-old female from Calgary, along with her 23-year-old male passenger were travelling southbound on Highway 93 in a small car. The investigation indicates that the car lost control on a corner and crossed the centre line into the path of a northbound tractor-trailer unit.
The female driver was pronounced dead at the scne, while the male was transported by STARS Air Ambulance to Calgary, in critical but stable condition.
The 61-year-old driver of the semi sustained minor injuries.
Road conditions at the time were icy and snow-covered. It is believed that drugs and alcohol were not contributing factors in this incident. As a result, of the collision, Highway 93 was closed for approximately 10 hours. The investigation into the collision is ongoing.