- Former Ice captain Philp eager to get back into action with Rebels
- KIJHL: Dynamiters answer challenge, split weekend with Ghostriders, defeat Niteh...
- Kootenay Ice look to build upon shutout victory as Americans visit
- Kootenay Ice blank Hurricanes, fall to Rebels in weekend action
- Reconciliation in Ktunaxa Territory
- Shirts ready for Anti-Bullying Day
- MLA announces Hydro deferral for mines
- Funding comes in for Aboriginal anti-domestic violence program
- Our Town
Calgary woman killed in Kootenay Park accident
On February 15, at about 10 a.m., Columbia Valley RCMP and East Kootenay Traffic Services/RSU responded to a report of a collision on Highway 93, in Kootenay National Park near Vermillion Crossing.
A 24-year-old female from Calgary, along with her 23-year-old male passenger were travelling southbound on Highway 93 in a small car. The investigation indicates that the car lost control on a corner and crossed the centre line into the path of a northbound tractor-trailer unit.
The female driver was pronounced dead at the scne, while the male was transported by STARS Air Ambulance to Calgary, in critical but stable condition.
The 61-year-old driver of the semi sustained minor injuries.
Road conditions at the time were icy and snow-covered. It is believed that drugs and alcohol were not contributing factors in this incident. As a result, of the collision, Highway 93 was closed for approximately 10 hours. The investigation into the collision is ongoing.