- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Our Town
Swim club hits the water at Alberta meet
The Cranbrook Tritons Swim Club had another successful competition recently in Okotoks, with four swimmers notching personal best times and collecting points for their club.
Local athletes Tyler Carter, Shelby Lehmann, Sydney McDonald and Ryan Penney , who are coached by Dave Chisholm, all had top-six results at the meet.
Next up for the club is the B.C. AA provincial championships in Chilliwack at the end of February.
Penney obtained a provincial qualifying time in 50m Freestyle but was unable to qualify in a second event that is necessary to compete at the B.C. championships.
3rd 200m Freestyle
4th 50m Breaststroke
5th 100m Backstroke
4th 50m Freestyle
6th 100m Freestyle
3rd 400m Freestyle
1st 50m Freestyle
3rd 50m Breaststroke
4th 100m Breaststroke
200 m Freestyle