- KIJHL: Dynamiters visit Spokane Braves before hosting Fernie Ghostriders Saturda...
- Sidaway set for WHL debut with Kootenay Ice as Spokane Chiefs visit
- RCMP looking for home invasion suspect
- Students to take stand against bullying
- Sharing the trails by saddle
- Cranbrook keeps pushing towards the 20,000 mark
- The length and breadth of musical Canada
- Ice meet snow
- Triton Swimmers qualify for Provincials
- Timeless baroque repertoire on display at Royal Alexandra
- Kimberley’s Jordan Roy enjoying WHL rookie season with Americans
- Sarthou, Hoflin sharp as Tri-City Americans blank Kootenay Ice
- Our Town
Nitros end season with a win over Riders
The Kimberley Dynamiters closed out their regular season with a 4-2 win over the Fernie Ghostriders on Saturday night at the Civic Centre.
Dylan Sibbald and Tyler Garcia each led the way with a goal and an assist, while Bryce Nielsen and Tyson Klingspohn added scoring for the Nitros.
Spencer Bender and Austin Hirano replied for the Ghostriders.
Tyson Brouwer picked up the win for Kimberley with 21 saves, while Austin Wells turned away 24 shots for the Riders.
Sibbald opened the scoring in the first period, while Bender replied in the middle frame.
Hirano put the Riders up early in the third period, however, a trio of Nitro powerplay goals were good enough to seal up the win for Kimberley.
Garcia scored first, while Nielsen followed a few minutes later with the go-ahead goal. Klingspohn gave Kimberley a two goal lead with just over eight minutes to go in the game, which proved to be too much for Fernie.
Kimberley ends the regular season with a 29-21-2-0 record with 60 points, which puts them in second place in the Eddie Mountain Division. The Nitros have home-ice advantage, and will face off against the Riders in the first round of the playoffs.
Creston Valley finished in the division lead with 80 points, while the Kamloops Storm finished first overall in the KIJHL with 85 points and a 42-9-0-0 record.
The first playoff round opens on Tuesday evening at the Kimberley Civic Centre between the Nitros and the Riders.