- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Cruisin' Kootenays
- Our Town
Ice relocation rumour untrue
It appears as if the rumours of the Kootenay Ice relocating have been greatly exaggerated.
According to a report out of the Prince George Citizen, which was picked up by blogs on the internet, an unsourced rumour has it that the Kootenay Ice will relocate to Winnipeg next year.
This is the exact same story that came up a year ago; the rumour being that True North Sports and Entertainment—the company that owns the NHL's Winnipeg Jets—had expressed interest in purchasing and relocating the Ice to Manitoba.
Both Jeff Chynoweth, owner of the Ice, and True North Entertainment denied that any meeting or discussions took place then—just as they did so again on Monday.
"The reports are 100 per cent false. Again," Jets director of communications Scott Brown told the Winnipeg Free Press.