- The Bozon Effect
- Triple trouble weekend on tap for Dynamiters
- Wilks’ instincts kicked in when gunfire erupted
- Bill Bennett speaks stateside
- Dalke helps out with a rival’s hunt
- Strength in sport
- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Our Town
Ice relocation rumour untrue
It appears as if the rumours of the Kootenay Ice relocating have been greatly exaggerated.
According to a report out of the Prince George Citizen, which was picked up by blogs on the internet, an unsourced rumour has it that the Kootenay Ice will relocate to Winnipeg next year.
This is the exact same story that came up a year ago; the rumour being that True North Sports and Entertainment—the company that owns the NHL's Winnipeg Jets—had expressed interest in purchasing and relocating the Ice to Manitoba.
Both Jeff Chynoweth, owner of the Ice, and True North Entertainment denied that any meeting or discussions took place then—just as they did so again on Monday.
"The reports are 100 per cent false. Again," Jets director of communications Scott Brown told the Winnipeg Free Press.