- Long & winding road
- Provincial playoff picture set at Mount Baker
- Second eyewitness on the stand in Learn trial
- Potential for huge avalanches this weekend
- KIJHL: Rivalry night in Kimberley
- Renovations underway at SPCA
- Symphony online silent auction now underway
- Meritorious service wins local B.C. honours
- Defence cross-examines witness in Learn trial
- Our Town
Violent sex offender released from custody
The B.C. Ministry of Justice is issuing a public notification that a high-risk violent sex offender has been released from custody.
Jason Beaudry was released from custody Saturday, March 15, 2014. He plans to reside in Creston.
Beaudry, age 36, is a high risk violent sexual offender and is the subject of a public notification conducted by the Ministry of Justice, Corrections Branch.
Beaudry is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds. He is Aboriginal with black hair and hazel eyes. He plans to reside in the Town of Creston.
He has a lengthy and varied criminal history including violent and sexual offences. He has used weapons.
He has offended in an opportunistic manner against males, females, strangers and acquaintances.
Beaudry is subject to close monitoring by authorities and 13 court-ordered conditions including:
• You shall not possess, own or carry any weapons;
• You shall not attend at any establishment where the primary commodity for sale is alcohol;
• You shall abstain completely from possession, purchase or consumption of any alcohol or drugs;
• You shall not be outside your residence between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
If you observe the subject in violation of any of the above conditions, please call your local police agency: Cranbrook RCMP at 250-489-3471 or Crime Stoppers, 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).