- The Bozon Effect
- Triple trouble weekend on tap for Dynamiters
- Wilks’ instincts kicked in when gunfire erupted
- Bill Bennett speaks stateside
- Dalke helps out with a rival’s hunt
- Strength in sport
- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Our Town
Sam Reinhart named WHL's Player of the Year
(Wil be updated)
Kootenay Ice captain Sam Reinhart is the WHL Player of the Year.
Reinhart, who is in his third year in the league, scored 36 goals and tallied 105 points while leading his team to Game 7 in the second round of the playoffs.
In addition to Player of the Year, Reinhart also picked up the Most Sportsmanlike Player, going up against Mitch Holmberg of the Spokane Chiefs on both counts.
Reinhart set a franchise record with a 22-game assist streak, and raised the bar for single season assists at 69, breaking the previous record set by Jarret Stoll.
In addition to his stellar on the scoresheet, Reinhart also represented Canada at the IIHF World Junior Championship and played in the CHL Top Prospects game.
He is considered a top selection for the upcoming NHL Draft in June.