- IIO, firearms expert testifies at RCMP trial
- Wheat Kings and pretty things
- Economic issues at the forefront of debate
- Idlewild levels concerns raised in Cranbrook council
- Kimberley Business Expo becoming a regional affair
- Close encounters in Skunk Nation
- Testimony continues in RCMP shooting trial
- Letters to the Editor: October 8
- Alittle Voodoo on stage Live at Studio 64
- Land of Living Nightmares
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Courageous fight comes to an end
A young girl whose fight became an inspiration passed away last week. Jenna Homeniuk, 16, lost a long, courageous battle with leukemia.
Her family posted this message on the Fight for Jenna Facebook page:
“Thank you all for your kind words, your love and your strength. I am sorry we cannot respond to the beautiful messages, tags and photos you have posted, but we thank you. Jenna’s spirit lives on. I feel her with me, if only I could hold her and hear her voice once more. She left us peacefully and she even had a smile on her face. We love you, Jenna. Fly like an eagle, my beauty.”
Kimberley residents supported Jenna and her family as much as they could through the past few years. Numerous events raised thousands of dollars so her family could stay at her side.
Jenna’s Celebration of Life will be held at the McKim Auditorium in Kimberley on Saturday, May 10, at 1 p.m.
Her family hopes to fill the arena with friends wearing Jenna’s favourite colours, teal and mint green. Jenna’s family requests that you wear the colours in her honour.