- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
One killed in collision west of Cranbrook
The driver of small car was killed in a collision with a semi on Wednesday, May 7, between Moyie and Yahk, west of Cranbrook.
RCMP report that a 65-year-old man driving a blue Ford Fiesta rental car westbound on Highway 3/95 crossed the yellow broken centre line into the eastbound lane, into the path of a tractor-trailer.
RCMP say that eyewitnesses reported that the driver of the semi moved his rig as far to the right as he possibly could to avoid the collision, but the Ford still hit the trailer, and the vehicle went off the highway.
The incident occurred in the vicinity of Irishman's Creek, which is 45 kilometres west of Cranbrook, between Moyie and Yahk.
The driver of the Ford Fiesta died at the scene, police say. His 60-year-old wife was taken to East Kootenay Regional Hospital by ambulance.
The name of the deceased has not been released by RCMP. East Kootenay Traffic Services