- KIJHL: Dynamiters answer challenge, split weekend with Ghostriders, defeat Niteh...
- Kootenay Ice look to build upon shutout victory as Americans visit
- Kootenay Ice blank Hurricanes, fall to Rebels in weekend action
- Reconciliation in Ktunaxa Territory
- Shirts ready for Anti-Bullying Day
- MLA announces Hydro deferral for mines
- Funding comes in for Aboriginal anti-domestic violence program
- Our Town
New hunting rules out now
East Kootenay hunters now have access to the latest set of regulations for B.C.
The 2014-2016 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis was released online on Saturday, May 10 and will soon be available at Service BC centres and local hunting licence vendors.
The new regulations come into effect on July 1, 2014 and are current until June 30, 2016. The previous set of regulations expires on June 30, 2014.
About 250,000 copies of the synopsis will be printed and distributed throughout B.C.
The cover photo of the regulations was contributed by a B.C. photographer and shows an outdoorsman looking over a mountain vista in the province’s northeast.
The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations is working on the 2015 to 2017 Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis and is asking for photo submissions to grace its cover.
Anyone can submit as many photos as they wish to be considered for the cover, as long as the photo is relevant to B.C. freshwater angling.
Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 1, 2014. For more information, visit www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/photo.html.
The new edition of the Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis is available at www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/.