- Friday morning fire viewed as suspicious
- KIJHL: Let's make a date
- Finalists set for Stone Soup Challenge
- Leonard Nimoy dead at 83
- Murray's Office Plus sold, remains locally owned
- Elizabeth Lake Lodge’s new building approved
- Lock it or lose it
- Physician recruiting will be ongoing, City says
- Eastern promises
- Lady Avs advance to PACWEST semifinal
- KIJHL: On to the next one
- Our Town
Police conduct two drug busts in Cranbrook
Cpl Chris Newel
Cocaine and marijuana were seized in two separate drug investigations in Cranbrook on Wednesday, June 4.
Officers executed a search warrant at a residence on 3rd Avenue South and arrested five people.
Cocaine and marijuana were seized and charges of possession of a controlled substance are pending against one person.
In a second investigation, a 44-year-old male from Cranbrook was arrested in a bar on 7th Avenue for trafficking.
A search incidental to arrest found a quantity of cocaine and cash.
The individual has a record for trafficking and is wanted in Alberta on similar charges. He went before a judicial justice of the peace on Thursday, June 5 and has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance on June 16.