- KIJHL: Dynamiters visit Spokane Braves before hosting Fernie Ghostriders Saturda...
- Sidaway set for WHL debut with Kootenay Ice as Spokane Chiefs visit
- RCMP looking for home invasion suspect
- Students to take stand against bullying
- Sharing the trails by saddle
- Cranbrook keeps pushing towards the 20,000 mark
- The length and breadth of musical Canada
- Ice meet snow
- Triton Swimmers qualify for Provincials
- Timeless baroque repertoire on display at Royal Alexandra
- Kimberley’s Jordan Roy enjoying WHL rookie season with Americans
- Sarthou, Hoflin sharp as Tri-City Americans blank Kootenay Ice
- Our Town
Police conduct two drug busts in Cranbrook
Cpl Chris Newel
Cocaine and marijuana were seized in two separate drug investigations in Cranbrook on Wednesday, June 4.
Officers executed a search warrant at a residence on 3rd Avenue South and arrested five people.
Cocaine and marijuana were seized and charges of possession of a controlled substance are pending against one person.
In a second investigation, a 44-year-old male from Cranbrook was arrested in a bar on 7th Avenue for trafficking.
A search incidental to arrest found a quantity of cocaine and cash.
The individual has a record for trafficking and is wanted in Alberta on similar charges. He went before a judicial justice of the peace on Thursday, June 5 and has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance on June 16.