- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Our Town
Cranbrook police dog attacked in Canyon incident
Creston Valley Advance
Creston RCMP are reporting an altercation between dogs in Canyon, near Creston, including the Cranbrook RCMP service dog.
On June 9, police were called about an armed and possibly suicidal male in Canyon. The response team included the service dog and its handler from Cranbrook.
Before the search could start, the police dog was attacked by two other dogs. The dogs' owner was unwilling or unable to call off his animals and the handler shot and killed one of the attacking dogs. The search was then carried out successfully and the male suspect was taken to hospital for observation.