- Keeping the dream alive
- Stetski running to continue public service
- Schiller wins Stone Soup Challenge
- West Coast Wild
- KIJHL: Advantage Fernie
- Council scrapping two-tier recreation fee system
- Formed out of the ashes of drive-in movie theatres and 57 Cadillacs
- Metal Thrashing Mad
- Outrageous Rock Musical Hits the Key City Theatre
- FPPAS hosting March 28 concert at Royal Alexandra
- Our Town
Youth ambassadors win Cranbrook hearts
Seven young ladies wooed a full house at the Key City Theatre on Friday, June 20 for the 2014 Sam Steele Youth Ambassador pageants.
Showcasing talents from piano playing to singing, from silent film to stop motion animation, Alexis Shuffler, Katie Elder, Burke Bidder, Devon Kennedy, Kendall Bostock, Kendall Aikins and Carley Roller were at their best for the pageant.
At the end of the evening, Devon Kennedy was crowned 2014 Sweetheart of Sam Steele, and Kendall Bostock was crowned 2014 Princess of Sam Steele. The pair will spend 12 months representing Cranbrook at home and in other communities near and far.
Katie Elder received the Toastmasters Public Speaking Award, Burke Bidder was given the Community Awareness Award, and Devon Kennedy received the Talent Award.
Congratulations to all of the candidates. See the Townsman later this week for an in-depth behind-the-scenes feature on the pageant.