- KIJHL: Dynamiters visit Spokane Braves before hosting Fernie Ghostriders Saturda...
- Sidaway set for WHL debut with Kootenay Ice as Spokane Chiefs visit
- RCMP looking for home invasion suspect
- Students to take stand against bullying
- Sharing the trails by saddle
- Cranbrook keeps pushing towards the 20,000 mark
- The length and breadth of musical Canada
- Ice meet snow
- Triton Swimmers qualify for Provincials
- Timeless baroque repertoire on display at Royal Alexandra
- Kimberley’s Jordan Roy enjoying WHL rookie season with Americans
- Sarthou, Hoflin sharp as Tri-City Americans blank Kootenay Ice
- Our Town
Reinhart invited to Hockey Canada summer camp
With the NHL Draft just days away, Hockey Canada released their invite list for a summer development camp in August to evaluate talent for the national U20 team for the World Junior Championship.
Kootenay Ice captain Sam Reinhart hit the list along with 41 other players across the CHL, including fellow top NHL prospects Aaron Ekblad (Barrie Colts) and Jake Virtanen (Calgary Hitmen).
The full roster includes four goaltenders, 12 defencemen and 25 forwards selected by Ryan Jankowski, head scout of men's national teams for Hockey Canada, along with the rest of the Program of Excellence management group.
"I would like to congratulate the players selected today to attend the development camp," said Jankowski. "This is a first step towards being chosen to represent Canada at the World Juniors, but these 41 players have the first opportunity to show the coaching staff how they can help Canada succeed in Toronto and Montreal at Christmas."
Reinhart was invited to the same camp last summer, which featured a new format of camp practices in Eastern Canada before heading to an exhibition tournament with games against the U.S. and European teams.
This time around, the camp will be split between Brossard, Montreal, and Sherbrooke, Que. with a pair of games against the Czech Republic and Russia.