- RCMP believe 58-year-old Creston woman’s death was a homicide
- Remember way back in 2015?
- Study calculates there are now 3 trillion trees now on Earth
- Versatility, simplicity name of game for Mortlock
- Cranbrook man recuperating after grizzly attack
- KIJHL: Nitros deal Lane to Langley, sign rugged defenceman Bertoia
- Kootenay Country Fair coming up
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Citizenship awards presented on Canada Day
An annual Cranbrook tradition is the presentation of the Canada Day Citizenship Awards to deserving youth, and on Tuesday, July 1, at the Moir Park Canada Day celebrations, Cranbrook Mayor Wayne Stetski handed out the awards to nine students — three from Laurie Middle School, three from Parkland and three from Mount Baker Secondary.
The students so honoured have, through their efforts, made Cranbrook and the schools better places. After the on-stage presentations, the mayor and students gathered for a group photo op with Cranbrook's youth ambassadors.