- The Bozon Effect
- Triple trouble weekend on tap for Dynamiters
- Wilks’ instincts kicked in when gunfire erupted
- Bill Bennett speaks stateside
- Dalke helps out with a rival’s hunt
- Strength in sport
- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Our Town
Bighorn sheep die at Elk Valley mine
Five bighorn sheep were discovered dead at Teck's Greenhills mine on Tuesday, July 15.
The mining company sent out a news release Wednesday morning saying that it is looking into the incident at its mine near Elkford.
"Teck Coal Ltd. is working with the Ministry of Environment to investigate the death of five bighorn sheep discovered at its Greenhills Operations on July 15," said the news release issued by Nic Milligan, Teck's manager of community and aboriginal affairs.
"Teck Coal takes this incident very seriously and is working closely with ministry officials to determine the cause of death and prevent future incidents from occurring."
No further information about the incident was available at time of print.