- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Cruisin' Kootenays
- Local man recovering from grizzly attack
- Scooters are human, too
- Into the great wide open
- Back in the ring
- Thief snags three guns in broad daylight at Fernie Canadian Tire
- City receives permit to cull 50 deer
- John York returns for election number three
- McPhee running for School Board
- Our Town
Bighorn sheep die at Elk Valley mine
Five bighorn sheep were discovered dead at Teck's Greenhills mine on Tuesday, July 15.
The mining company sent out a news release Wednesday morning saying that it is looking into the incident at its mine near Elkford.
"Teck Coal Ltd. is working with the Ministry of Environment to investigate the death of five bighorn sheep discovered at its Greenhills Operations on July 15," said the news release issued by Nic Milligan, Teck's manager of community and aboriginal affairs.
"Teck Coal takes this incident very seriously and is working closely with ministry officials to determine the cause of death and prevent future incidents from occurring."
No further information about the incident was available at time of print.