- Cull cancelled after four deer traps vandalized
- The Celestial Menace: Part II
- Cranbrook RCMP officer ordered to stand trial
- Local man to receive Medal of Bravery
- Avalanche Canada gets $325,000 from CBT
- Fatality in vehicle accident near Creston
- Penalty minutes at all-time low in WHL
- Down the home stretch
- City approves additional funding for deer translocation trial
- Our Town
Cranbrook woman charged with attempted murder
A 27-year-old Cranbrook woman has been charged with attempted murder over an incident on July 3.
Kellie Lynn Stetski appeared via video in Cranbrook Provincial Court on Monday, July 14, charged with one count of attempted murder.
She is being kept in custody in Alouette Correctional Centre for Women.
Duty counsel Rick Strahl asked Judge Grant Sheard to put the case over to August 11 to fix a date for a bail hearing.
RCMP were unable to release much information about the lead-up to Stetski's arrest.
Cst. Katie Forgeron said Cranbrook RCMP began investigation of an alleged assault on July 3.
"Our findings were discussed with Crown and that resulted in Crown laying a charge," said Cst. Forgeron.
"This was an isolated crime and the accused and victim did not know each other."
RCMP continue to work with Crown to investigate the incident.
"We really can't get into much more details at this time as it is before the courts and we don't want to impact on the proceedings," said Cst. Forgeron.