- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Police searching for break-in suspect in Southview neighourhood
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Blown away
- Our Town
Cranbrook woman charged with attempted murder
A 27-year-old Cranbrook woman has been charged with attempted murder over an incident on July 3.
Kellie Lynn Stetski appeared via video in Cranbrook Provincial Court on Monday, July 14, charged with one count of attempted murder.
She is being kept in custody in Alouette Correctional Centre for Women.
Duty counsel Rick Strahl asked Judge Grant Sheard to put the case over to August 11 to fix a date for a bail hearing.
RCMP were unable to release much information about the lead-up to Stetski's arrest.
Cst. Katie Forgeron said Cranbrook RCMP began investigation of an alleged assault on July 3.
"Our findings were discussed with Crown and that resulted in Crown laying a charge," said Cst. Forgeron.
"This was an isolated crime and the accused and victim did not know each other."
RCMP continue to work with Crown to investigate the incident.
"We really can't get into much more details at this time as it is before the courts and we don't want to impact on the proceedings," said Cst. Forgeron.