- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: B.C. Division
- Ice look to play spoiler in Alberta
- Ktunaxa clarify goal for Scotty’s House
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: Central Division
- Cold rinks, hot shots & heavy hits
- Whitecaps expand Cranbrook operations
- Women's hockey program aims to build interest
- ALR exclusion sought for former landfill
- Annual Six in the Stix bicycle race this weekend
- Stetski gives update to business community
- Clarification: Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Autumn of our discontent
- Coalition of the Unwilling
- Our Town
Cranbrook woman charged with attempted murder
A 27-year-old Cranbrook woman has been charged with attempted murder over an incident on July 3.
Kellie Lynn Stetski appeared via video in Cranbrook Provincial Court on Monday, July 14, charged with one count of attempted murder.
She is being kept in custody in Alouette Correctional Centre for Women.
Duty counsel Rick Strahl asked Judge Grant Sheard to put the case over to August 11 to fix a date for a bail hearing.
RCMP were unable to release much information about the lead-up to Stetski's arrest.
Cst. Katie Forgeron said Cranbrook RCMP began investigation of an alleged assault on July 3.
"Our findings were discussed with Crown and that resulted in Crown laying a charge," said Cst. Forgeron.
"This was an isolated crime and the accused and victim did not know each other."
RCMP continue to work with Crown to investigate the incident.
"We really can't get into much more details at this time as it is before the courts and we don't want to impact on the proceedings," said Cst. Forgeron.