- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Chaos in grocery store parking lot
Extensive damage was caused by a confused driver in the parking lot at Save-On on Thursday morning, July 24.
According to RCMP, an 86-year-old male driver in a minivan initially crashed through the window at a tanning salon in the strip mall beside Save-On.
The driver then backed up, hitting five parked vehicles.“The vehicle then exited the parking lot, came out onto Victoria Avenue and swung around back onto the sidewalk before coming to rest against a short retaining wall,” said Cpl. Chris Newel.
Police, ambulance and fire all responded to the scene.
Nobody was injured in the incident, but the driver was assessed by BC Ambulance.
“Police believe driver confusion was a factor in the collision and charges under the Motor Vehicle Act are pending,” said Newel.