- Economic issues at the forefront of debate
- Idlewild levels concerns raised in Cranbrook council
- Kimberley Business Expo becoming a regional affair
- Close encounters in Skunk Nation
- Testimony continues in RCMP shooting trial
- Letters to the Editor: October 8
- Alittle Voodoo on stage Live at Studio 64
- Land of Living Nightmares
- Mount Baker volleyball runnin' Wild
- Candidates take debate to Cranbrook
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Police seek witnesses to JulyFest assault
Last week, Kimberley RCMP Cpl. Chris Newel said that police were seeking information on an assault at JulyFest but did not give further details at the time.
Some details are now being released and police are looking for witnesses to come forward.
Newel says the attack occurred at about 1:30 a.m. on July 20, during JulyFest, when a male was the victim of an unprovoked assault outside a house party on Fortier Street. The victim required medical attention for injuries sustained.
The attacker was unknown to the victim, Newel says, and his identity remains a mystery.
The attacker has been identified as being about six feet tall, 150 pounds with a slender build and curly, brown, above-shoulder length hair.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or has any knowledge of it, is asked to contact the Kimberley RCMP at 250-427-4811 or Crimestoppers.