- Ktunaxa clarify goal for Scotty’s House
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: Central Division
- Cold rinks, hot shots & heavy hits
- Whitecaps expand Cranbrook operations
- Women's hockey program aims to build interest
- ALR exclusion sought for former landfill
- Annual Six in the Stix bicycle race this weekend
- Stetski gives update to business community
- Clarification: Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Autumn of our discontent
- Coalition of the Unwilling
- Our Town
Police seek witnesses to JulyFest assault
Last week, Kimberley RCMP Cpl. Chris Newel said that police were seeking information on an assault at JulyFest but did not give further details at the time.
Some details are now being released and police are looking for witnesses to come forward.
Newel says the attack occurred at about 1:30 a.m. on July 20, during JulyFest, when a male was the victim of an unprovoked assault outside a house party on Fortier Street. The victim required medical attention for injuries sustained.
The attacker was unknown to the victim, Newel says, and his identity remains a mystery.
The attacker has been identified as being about six feet tall, 150 pounds with a slender build and curly, brown, above-shoulder length hair.
Anyone who witnessed the assault or has any knowledge of it, is asked to contact the Kimberley RCMP at 250-427-4811 or Crimestoppers.