- The Bozon Effect
- Triple trouble weekend on tap for Dynamiters
- Wilks’ instincts kicked in when gunfire erupted
- Bill Bennett speaks stateside
- Dalke helps out with a rival’s hunt
- Strength in sport
- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Our Town
Coming soon to the airwaves near you
The airwaves of Cranbrook will soon be a richer, busier place, with the addition of a new radio station.
On Tuesday, July 29, the Canadian Radiotelevision and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) approved the application by Clear Sky Radio for a new FM radio station for Cranbrook.
The station will be known as "Summit 107," will have repeater FM frequencies in Fernie, Sparwood and Invermere.
The music format will be "Adult Contemporary" and the station will feature significant local news and community information.
We are thrilled that the CRTC continues to believe in our goal of bringing exciting, innovative and creative radio stations with a focus on community service to markets in which we apply" said Paul Larsen, President of Clear Sky Radio.
"We do not take the Commission's trust in our company lightly and look forward to launching an exciting new radio station to serve this dynamic region of British Columbia in the near future".
Summit 107 will broadcast at 107.5 FM in Cranbrook and Kimberley, 107.9 FM in Fernie, 107.1 FM in Sparwood and Elkford and 107.7 FM in Invermere effectively covering the whole East Kootenay.
Clear Sky Radio, one of Western Canada's leading independent regional broadcasting companies, operates radio stations CJOC-FM Lethbridge, and CJCY-FM Medicine Hat, as well as Clearly Interactive, a local digital agency offering website development, social media consulting, SEO services
and other interactive marketing tools to small and medium size businesses.