- Friday morning fire viewed as suspicious
- KIJHL: Let's make a date
- Finalists set for Stone Soup Challenge
- Leonard Nimoy dead at 83
- Murray's Office Plus sold, remains locally owned
- Elizabeth Lake Lodge’s new building approved
- Lock it or lose it
- Physician recruiting will be ongoing, City says
- Eastern promises
- Lady Avs advance to PACWEST semifinal
- KIJHL: On to the next one
- Our Town
Motorcyclist killed in KNP crash
A Calgary motorcycle rider died in a crash in Kootenay National Park over the weekend.
According to East Kootenay Traffic Services, the 57-year-old man was heading south on Highway 93 about 12 kilometres from Radium Hot Springs at about 1:08 p.m. on Sunday, August 3.
He lost control of his motorcycle on a section of road that had a series of sharp curves on an eight per cent down grade. Road conditions were bare and dry at the time of the incident.
The motorcyclist was wearing a helmet and full leathers. The collision is under investigation by East Kootenay Traffic Services and the BC Coroners Service.