- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- 'We can turn this around'
- Our Town
Motorcyclist killed in KNP crash
A Calgary motorcycle rider died in a crash in Kootenay National Park over the weekend.
According to East Kootenay Traffic Services, the 57-year-old man was heading south on Highway 93 about 12 kilometres from Radium Hot Springs at about 1:08 p.m. on Sunday, August 3.
He lost control of his motorcycle on a section of road that had a series of sharp curves on an eight per cent down grade. Road conditions were bare and dry at the time of the incident.
The motorcyclist was wearing a helmet and full leathers. The collision is under investigation by East Kootenay Traffic Services and the BC Coroners Service.