- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Election for Blackmore and Oler trials postponed again
- Is God a Seattle Seahawks fan
- Booknotes: Facing the dragon
- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Our Town
Coroner confirms identity of deceased male found near Nelson
KELOWNA - The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the identity of a male who was found deceased on a rock ledge overlooking Kootenay Lake near Nelson on July 23, 2014.
He is Dana Nicholas Mitchell, of Cranbrook. Mr. Mitchell went missing in the autumn of 2010 and is believed to have died at approximately that time. He would have been 22 years old at the time of his death.
In July a tourist found human remains, now confirmed to be those of Mr. Mitchell, on the rock ledge off the Rails to Trails trail near the Svoboda Road entrance in northeast Nelson.
The BC Coroners Service continues to investigate this death. Foul play has now been ruled out.
The family of Mr. Mitchell has been notified of his death. On behalf of the family, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time.