- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Police searching for break-in suspect in Southview neighourhood
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Our Town
Cause of fire in Kimberley not yet determined
The One Love Hot Yoga building is a total loss after a fire Tuesday, August 26, but it could have been a lot worse, says Kimberley Fire Chief Al Collinson.
The building is attached to the Sprout Grocery building, which houses three businesses.
"The guys had a really good stop," Collinson said. "The fire did extend to the other building but they were able to prevent it from spreading."
Registered massage therapist Jennifer Johnston, who was operating out of the centre unit in the Sprout Grocery building says there is extensive damage inside.
"It's pretty much completely destroyed, there is about six inches of sludge on the ground, water and smoke damage."
Johnston has already set up at a new temporary location at Mountain Pose Yoga at 100 Deer Park Ave in the Platzl and was back to work today.
"I am sticking to my schedule so if you had an appointment, come to the new location."
To book an appointment call 250-908-0034.
Collinson says the cause of the fire has not been determined. Wednesday morning he was waiting for the electrical inspector to arrive, and also had a call in to the office of the Fire Commissioner.
"Right now we know the fire originated at the yoga building," he said. "There is going to be an investigation."
Seventeen Kimberley Fire Fighters responded to the call.