- Former Ice captain Philp eager to get back into action with Rebels
- KIJHL: Dynamiters answer challenge, split weekend with Ghostriders, defeat Niteh...
- Kootenay Ice look to build upon shutout victory as Americans visit
- Kootenay Ice blank Hurricanes, fall to Rebels in weekend action
- Reconciliation in Ktunaxa Territory
- Shirts ready for Anti-Bullying Day
- MLA announces Hydro deferral for mines
- Funding comes in for Aboriginal anti-domestic violence program
- Our Town
Fall Jazz Series at Centre 64
Once again Centre 64 is offering their 2014 Fall Jazz Series consisting of three different and entertaining groups.
This third Fall Series of Jazz will kick off on Friday, Sept. 26 at 8:00 p.m. The Neville Bowman trio from Kelowna will be joined by Kinga Hemming, a renowned Toronto vocalist who has just moved to Kelowna. Her innovative renditions of jazz classics will be accompanied by Neville on grand piano and a guitar and bassist.
The cabaret venue will be held in the intimate setting of the dance studio with a beer and wine bar available.
The second concert in the series will also take place in the dance studio on Saturday, Nov. 1 . The Melody Diachun Quartet from Nelson will be making their first visit to Kimberley. Melody is a Juno and National Jazz Awards nominee and we are excited to host her and her group in Kimberley.
The last concert will take place in the theater and feature Verisimo, a Calgary based group. This bop style instrumental group made up of two tenor saxes, bass, guitar and drums is sure to generate lots of excitement.
Tickets for the Series or individual tickets are available at Centre 64 or online at eventbrite.ca
A full Series pass is priced at $60 for Arts Council members and $66 for non members. Individual tickets are $22 for Arts Council members, $24for non members or $26 at the door for everyone.
Holders of tickets can present them at one of four restaurants which will be offering a 10% discount on food on the evening of the concerts. Participants are: The BurritoGrill ; Heartbeat Bistro; Stone Fire Pizzeria and the Pedal and Tap.
Get your tickets early for September 26. The last two shows sold out well ahead of concert night.