- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Police searching for break-in suspect in Southview neighourhood
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Blown away
- Our Town
Vernon teen identified after fatal crash
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A B.C. teenager killed in a crash in the north Okanagan has been named.
The BC Coroners Service confirms 14-year-old Rodney Boring of Vernon died in the Sunday afternoon collision near Oyama, just south of Vernon.
Boring was the passenger in a small car that crossed Highway 97 and rammed head-on into a Dodge pickup truck.
The 17-year-old boy driving the small car was airlifted to hospital in Kelowna.
A woman passenger in the oncoming truck was also badly injured and is recovering in hospital, while the Lumby man driving the truck was only slightly hurt.
The coroners service and RCMP continue to investigate a cause, but speed and alcohol have already been ruled out. (CKIZ, CKFR)