- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Our Town
First lady to deliver president's weekly address
By Darlene Superville, The Associated Press
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama is delivering the president's weekly address this week.
The White House says she will focus the radio and Internet address on Mother's Day and the nearly 300 girls who remain missing after being kidnapped more than three weeks ago from their school in Nigeria by an Islamist extremist group whose leader has threatened to sell them.
The case has sparked international outrage. The U.S. and other nations are assisting the Nigerian government in its efforts to find the girls.
This week, Mrs. Obama tweeted a photo of herself in the White House holding a sign with the message "(hashtag) Bring Back Our Girls."
Mrs. Obama has joined President Barack Obama on past weekly addresses. Saturday's will be the first one she delivers alone.