- Raiders register late win over resilient Ice
- Witnesses take stand in RCMP firearm trial
- Kimberley native Bancks back to Utica
- Cranbrook native Betker off to Virgina
- Accident closes Highway 93 south of Skookumchuk
- DOA roars back into Cranbrook
- Aquatic Centre seeks grant for free events
- City, school board reach agreement on dog park
- Two fatalities in collision near Jaffray
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
First lady to deliver president's weekly address
By Darlene Superville, The Associated Press
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama is delivering the president's weekly address this week.
The White House says she will focus the radio and Internet address on Mother's Day and the nearly 300 girls who remain missing after being kidnapped more than three weeks ago from their school in Nigeria by an Islamist extremist group whose leader has threatened to sell them.
The case has sparked international outrage. The U.S. and other nations are assisting the Nigerian government in its efforts to find the girls.
This week, Mrs. Obama tweeted a photo of herself in the White House holding a sign with the message "(hashtag) Bring Back Our Girls."
Mrs. Obama has joined President Barack Obama on past weekly addresses. Saturday's will be the first one she delivers alone.