- 600 turn out to see Cranbrook candidates in action
- What colour is the national mood ring?
- Thunderstruck in Creston Valley
- Provincial preparation
- Charity Challenge Boxing a total knockout
- Dalke competes in archery challenge
- Ice part ways with Steenbergen
- Avs beat up Bearcats in PACWEST volleyball
- RCMP looking for stolen van
- Our Town
Austrian drag queen wins Eurovision song contest
By The Associated Press
COPENHAGEN - Austrian bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst has won the 59th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest with a James Bond-inspired power ballad.
The song, "Rise Like a Phoenix," helped Wurst secure Austria's second victory in the competition Saturday. The country also won in 1966.
The winner was picked by juries and television viewers across Europe.