- Long & winding road
- Provincial playoff picture set at Mount Baker
- Second eyewitness on the stand in Learn trial
- Potential for huge avalanches this weekend
- KIJHL: Rivalry night in Kimberley
- Renovations underway at SPCA
- Symphony online silent auction now underway
- Meritorious service wins local B.C. honours
- Defence cross-examines witness in Learn trial
- Our Town
Austrian drag queen wins Eurovision song contest
By The Associated Press
COPENHAGEN - Austrian bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst has won the 59th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest with a James Bond-inspired power ballad.
The song, "Rise Like a Phoenix," helped Wurst secure Austria's second victory in the competition Saturday. The country also won in 1966.
The winner was picked by juries and television viewers across Europe.