- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Austrian drag queen wins Eurovision song contest
By The Associated Press
COPENHAGEN - Austrian bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst has won the 59th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest with a James Bond-inspired power ballad.
The song, "Rise Like a Phoenix," helped Wurst secure Austria's second victory in the competition Saturday. The country also won in 1966.
The winner was picked by juries and television viewers across Europe.