- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Our Town
Elderly man hospitalized after violent attack
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Police in Vancouver are appealing for the public's help in identifying a woman who attacked an 80-year-old man and left him unconscious.
Sgt. Randy Fincham says the Asian man was walking through Oppenheimer Park on the city's Downtown Eastside when he was dragged into the washroom and robbed of a small amount of cash.
Fincham says the man was choked and left unconscious during the violent robbery.
He also suffered a broken nose and bruises to his face and remains in hospital in stable condition.
The suspect is described as a while female in her 30s, with shoulder-length dark wavy hair and a heavy build.
Fincham is calling the incident an unconscionable act against a vulnerable member of the community.