- Short-handed Ice overpowered by Hurricanes
- Wild boys soccer battle provincial competition in Burnaby
- Wesley opts not to report to Ice; deal with Hurricanes voided
- Ice acquire Wesley from Hurricanes
- Avalanche men split weekend to maintain mid-pack standing
- Lady Avs keep pace in competitive PACWEST
- Interior Health reviewing laundry services decision
- Black Friday fever to hit local businesses
- Province grants $25K to Cranbrook
- Chamber Turkey Drive in full swing
- Snow clearing crews spring into action
- Another day, another WHL debut as Barley joins Ice
- Short-handed Ice fall to division-leading Rebels
- Our Town
Elderly man hospitalized after violent attack
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Police in Vancouver are appealing for the public's help in identifying a woman who attacked an 80-year-old man and left him unconscious.
Sgt. Randy Fincham says the Asian man was walking through Oppenheimer Park on the city's Downtown Eastside when he was dragged into the washroom and robbed of a small amount of cash.
Fincham says the man was choked and left unconscious during the violent robbery.
He also suffered a broken nose and bruises to his face and remains in hospital in stable condition.
The suspect is described as a while female in her 30s, with shoulder-length dark wavy hair and a heavy build.
Fincham is calling the incident an unconscionable act against a vulnerable member of the community.