- Teachers' union, province reach tentative agreement
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: U.S. Division
- Wilderness wanderers rescued
- It's Fightin’ Season
- Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Open fires still prohibited in Southeast Fire Centre
- Regional treaty celebrates 50th anniversary
- Scottish referendum puts generation gap on display
- Two new “Islamic States”
- B.C. teachers, employers reach tentative deal
- Our Town
Hotel fires person who recorded Jay Z attack video
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK - A hotel where someone recorded security video appearing to show Beyonce's sister, Solange Knowles, attacking Jay Z inside an elevator said Wednesday it had identified and fired the person.
The Standard Hotel said the person had been terminated for "breaching the security polices of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video."
Celebrity website TMZ posted the 3-minute video on Monday and said it was shot last week inside a Standard Hotel elevator.
The video appears to show Solange attacking Jay Z in Beyonce's presence. A security guard intervenes. The footage shows the performers in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala last week. There is no audio.
The hotel said after the video was first aired that it was "shocked and disappointed" by the security breach. It said Wednesday that it will turn over "all available information to criminal authorities."
Representatives for Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange haven't commented on the video and didn't reply to emails sent Wednesday seeking comment.
Jay Z and Beyonce, who were married in 2008, will kick off their co-headlining "On the Run Tour" on June 25 in Miami.
Solange recently performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, where Beyonce joined her onstage.