- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- Our Town
Mike Harris to monitor Ukraine election
By The Canadian Press
OTTAWA - Former Ontario premier Mike Harris and Sen. Raynell Andreychuk will lead Canada's mission to observe the Ukrainian presidential election at the end of the month.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper says Canada is sending 500 people to monitor the election proceedings.
Of the total, 338 will be with Canada's independent election observation mission.
Another 162 will be part of observation missions run by the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Andreychuk led Canada's delegations for Ukraine's 2010 and 2012 elections.
Harris served as Progressive Conservative premier of Ontario from 1995 to 2002.