- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Police searching for break-in suspect in Southview neighourhood
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Our Town
Mike Harris to monitor Ukraine election
By The Canadian Press
OTTAWA - Former Ontario premier Mike Harris and Sen. Raynell Andreychuk will lead Canada's mission to observe the Ukrainian presidential election at the end of the month.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper says Canada is sending 500 people to monitor the election proceedings.
Of the total, 338 will be with Canada's independent election observation mission.
Another 162 will be part of observation missions run by the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Andreychuk led Canada's delegations for Ukraine's 2010 and 2012 elections.
Harris served as Progressive Conservative premier of Ontario from 1995 to 2002.