- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: Central Division
- Cold rinks, hot shots & heavy hits
- Whitecaps expand Cranbrook operations
- Women's hockey program aims to build interest
- Ktunaxa clarify goal for Scotty’s House
- ALR exclusion sought for former landfill
- Annual Six in the Stix bicycle race this weekend
- Stetski gives update to business community
- Clarification: Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Autumn of our discontent
- Coalition of the Unwilling
- Our Town
Jewel thief leaves cellphone in shop after robbery
By The Associated Press
LONDON - British police say they have a pretty good idea who stole two diamond rings and a wedding band from a Kingston shop on Sunday — the suspected thief left his cellphone behind, with a photo of himself as the screensaver.
Police said Wednesday the 27-year-old suspect, Germain Ibrahim Fofana of France, is also believed to be responsible for other jewel heists in the London area.
They said Fofana and a woman entered the shop with a child in a baby buggy and looked at engagement rings. The suspect returned alone 30 minutes later and looked at the rings again, before he ran off with them, leaving his phone behind.
The rings were valued at 18,000 pounds ($30,000).