- Let the big dance begin
- KIJHL: Best of three
- Betker signs NHL deal
- City discusses intricacies of spray irrigation
- A senseless double murder in 2010
- Two local mines win BC safety awards
- Opening phase of new trail successful
- The fall of Basia, the rise of Ted
- There’s no place like home
- KIJHL: No place like home
- Our Town
Vancouver flights on schedule after outage
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Flight schedules quickly readjusted at Vancouver International Airport, after disruptions caused by a power outage Friday morning.
The lights went out for about 40 minutes at around 7 a.m., affecting operations in the domestic terminal which handles flights within Canada.
Although power was restored as quickly as possible, it took longer to bring numerous computer systems back online.
Officials with the airport said that caused some delays, especially for passengers trying to check-in or make their way through security screenings.
All systems were back up and running normally by mid-morning and any backlogs had been cleared.
The cause of the outage is under investigation.