- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Vancouver flights on schedule after outage
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Flight schedules quickly readjusted at Vancouver International Airport, after disruptions caused by a power outage Friday morning.
The lights went out for about 40 minutes at around 7 a.m., affecting operations in the domestic terminal which handles flights within Canada.
Although power was restored as quickly as possible, it took longer to bring numerous computer systems back online.
Officials with the airport said that caused some delays, especially for passengers trying to check-in or make their way through security screenings.
All systems were back up and running normally by mid-morning and any backlogs had been cleared.
The cause of the outage is under investigation.