- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Our Town
Sheriff: Calif. gunman killed 3 people at home
By Raquel Maria Dillon, Martha Mendoza And Julie Watson, The Associated Press
GOLETA, Calif. - Sheriff's officials say a California gunman who went on a shooting rampage near a Santa Barbara university killed three people at his apartment.
The three people were among the six left dead Friday night during the shootings near the University of California, Santa Barbara. The suspected gunman was also fatally shot.
Sheriff Bill Brown called it a "chaotic, rapidly unfolding convoluted incident" that involved multiple crime scenes.
Brown on Saturday identified the gunman as 22-year-old Elliot Rodger, a student at Santa Barbara City College.