- Long & winding road
- Provincial playoff picture set at Mount Baker
- Second eyewitness on the stand in Learn trial
- Potential for huge avalanches this weekend
- KIJHL: Rivalry night in Kimberley
- Renovations underway at SPCA
- Symphony online silent auction now underway
- Meritorious service wins local B.C. honours
- Defence cross-examines witness in Learn trial
- Our Town
Sheriff: Calif. gunman killed 3 people at home
By Raquel Maria Dillon, Martha Mendoza And Julie Watson, The Associated Press
GOLETA, Calif. - Sheriff's officials say a California gunman who went on a shooting rampage near a Santa Barbara university killed three people at his apartment.
The three people were among the six left dead Friday night during the shootings near the University of California, Santa Barbara. The suspected gunman was also fatally shot.
Sheriff Bill Brown called it a "chaotic, rapidly unfolding convoluted incident" that involved multiple crime scenes.
Brown on Saturday identified the gunman as 22-year-old Elliot Rodger, a student at Santa Barbara City College.