- Fatal shooting on Castlegar highway
- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Election for Blackmore and Oler trials postponed again
- Is God a Seattle Seahawks fan
- Booknotes: Facing the dragon
- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Our Town
Missing baby found unharmed in Quebec
By The Canadian Press
TROIS-RIVIÈRES, Que. - A one-day old child who was abducted from a hospital in Trois-Rivieres, Que., Monday evening has been found unharmed.
The missing baby prompted Quebec Provincial Police to issue an Amber Alert just before 7 p.m. and it was cancelled shortly after 10 p.m.
Police say the woman who allegedly kidnapped the child day was arrested at her home.
Police earlier said a woman entered the St. Mary`s Hospital wearing a nurse outfit and entered the bedroom of a new mother under false pretences.
She left a few moments later with a baby wrapped in a blue blanket.
The woman who was sought is about 30 and was seen driving a red Toyota Yaris hatchback with a "Baby on Board" sticker on the rear window .
Several roadblocks were erected in Trois-Rivieres to search for the suspect vehicle.