- Ice prospect commits to BCHL Penticton
- Gun owner gets six months for accidental shooting
- Local couple helping with Nepali recovery
- 2015 Sweetheart candidates announced
- Idlewild Lake drawdown a gradual process
- Keep hospital laundry services local: Mayor
- Building permits down in first quarter
- 'Chaperone' sure to wake you up!
- Our Town
Man killed in logging accident near Nelson
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A southeastern B.C., man has been identified as the person killed in a logging accident near Nelson.
A release from the coroner's office says 36-year-old Laurie Kyle Levy died at about 8 a.m. Monday when he was hit by a falling tree.
WorkSafe BC says Levy was struck as he worked for AF Timber as a chokerman, wrapping cables around fallen trees to haul them out of the cut block.
He died at the scene.
WorkSafe BC and the coroner are now probing the accident.
WorkSafe officials estimate the review could take several months.