- IIO, firearms expert testifies at RCMP trial
- Wheat Kings and pretty things
- Economic issues at the forefront of debate
- Idlewild levels concerns raised in Cranbrook council
- Kimberley Business Expo becoming a regional affair
- Close encounters in Skunk Nation
- Testimony continues in RCMP shooting trial
- Letters to the Editor: October 8
- Alittle Voodoo on stage Live at Studio 64
- Land of Living Nightmares
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Man killed in logging accident near Nelson
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A southeastern B.C., man has been identified as the person killed in a logging accident near Nelson.
A release from the coroner's office says 36-year-old Laurie Kyle Levy died at about 8 a.m. Monday when he was hit by a falling tree.
WorkSafe BC says Levy was struck as he worked for AF Timber as a chokerman, wrapping cables around fallen trees to haul them out of the cut block.
He died at the scene.
WorkSafe BC and the coroner are now probing the accident.
WorkSafe officials estimate the review could take several months.