- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Man killed in logging accident near Nelson
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A southeastern B.C., man has been identified as the person killed in a logging accident near Nelson.
A release from the coroner's office says 36-year-old Laurie Kyle Levy died at about 8 a.m. Monday when he was hit by a falling tree.
WorkSafe BC says Levy was struck as he worked for AF Timber as a chokerman, wrapping cables around fallen trees to haul them out of the cut block.
He died at the scene.
WorkSafe BC and the coroner are now probing the accident.
WorkSafe officials estimate the review could take several months.