- High school hoops teams head to provincials
- RCMP wear pink for Pink Shirt Day
- A shout-out for the Heidout
- One year later
- Regina rendezvous
- Title hunters
- Regulation changes coming to Whiteswan Lake fishery
- City won’t install crosswalk near St. Mary’s school
- Big Sugar sweetens the Key City Theatre
- Local rider aiming for Paralympics
- Hefty haul
- Our Town
Up to 18 horses killed in stable fire
By The Canadian Press
LANGLEY, B.C. - Langley firefighters say up to 18 horses were killed in a stable fire.
Assistant fire chief Pat Walker says two people in an adjacent barn were treated for smoke inhalation but have been released from hospital.
About 11 trucks and more than 40 firefighters attended the blaze, which has been put out.
Walker says the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
He says the flames did not spread to any other buildings.