- Avalanche warning
- Resident concerned about downstream creek flooding
- Arts council eyeing up old fire hall
- RCMP respond to home invasion
- Celebrate Family Literacy Day
- Warm weather increases avalanche danger
- New provincial funding supports mining
- With Allies Like These … Who Needs Enemies
- Seniors facilities closed to public during RI outbreak
- Tailings ponds inspections find no safety concerns
- Our Town
Up to 18 horses killed in stable fire
By The Canadian Press
LANGLEY, B.C. - Langley firefighters say up to 18 horses were killed in a stable fire.
Assistant fire chief Pat Walker says two people in an adjacent barn were treated for smoke inhalation but have been released from hospital.
About 11 trucks and more than 40 firefighters attended the blaze, which has been put out.
Walker says the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
He says the flames did not spread to any other buildings.