- Let the big dance begin
- KIJHL: Best of three
- Betker signs NHL deal
- City discusses intricacies of spray irrigation
- A senseless double murder in 2010
- Two local mines win BC safety awards
- Opening phase of new trail successful
- The fall of Basia, the rise of Ted
- There’s no place like home
- KIJHL: No place like home
- Our Town
Up to 18 horses killed in stable fire
By The Canadian Press
LANGLEY, B.C. - Langley firefighters say up to 18 horses were killed in a stable fire.
Assistant fire chief Pat Walker says two people in an adjacent barn were treated for smoke inhalation but have been released from hospital.
About 11 trucks and more than 40 firefighters attended the blaze, which has been put out.
Walker says the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
He says the flames did not spread to any other buildings.