- The Bozon Effect
- Triple trouble weekend on tap for Dynamiters
- Wilks’ instincts kicked in when gunfire erupted
- Bill Bennett speaks stateside
- Dalke helps out with a rival’s hunt
- Strength in sport
- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Our Town
One dead in Quebec train collision
By The Canadian Press
ST-LIBOIRE, Que. - A collision between a Via Rail passenger train and a car in Quebec has left one person in the vehicle dead.
The collision took place in St-Liboire, east of Montreal.
Via Rail confirmed the death of the passenger in the car and added that no one in the train was injured.
Via Rail is advising there will be delays for its Montreal-Quebec City route today.
Quebec provincial police say the accident occurred about 7:10 a.m. ET at a level crossing.
Saint-Liboire is a small municipality near Saint-Hyacinthe, Que., where Via has a train station.