- Cruisin' Kootenays
- Local man recovering from grizzly attack
- Scooters are human, too
- Into the great wide open
- Back in the ring
- Thief snags three guns in broad daylight at Fernie Canadian Tire
- City receives permit to cull 50 deer
- John York returns for election number three
- McPhee running for School Board
- Our Town
One dead in Quebec train collision
By The Canadian Press
ST-LIBOIRE, Que. - A collision between a Via Rail passenger train and a car in Quebec has left one person in the vehicle dead.
The collision took place in St-Liboire, east of Montreal.
Via Rail confirmed the death of the passenger in the car and added that no one in the train was injured.
Via Rail is advising there will be delays for its Montreal-Quebec City route today.
Quebec provincial police say the accident occurred about 7:10 a.m. ET at a level crossing.
Saint-Liboire is a small municipality near Saint-Hyacinthe, Que., where Via has a train station.