- KIJHL: Dynamiters visit Spokane Braves before hosting Fernie Ghostriders Saturda...
- Sidaway set for WHL debut with Kootenay Ice as Spokane Chiefs visit
- RCMP looking for home invasion suspect
- Students to take stand against bullying
- Sharing the trails by saddle
- Cranbrook keeps pushing towards the 20,000 mark
- The length and breadth of musical Canada
- Ice meet snow
- Triton Swimmers qualify for Provincials
- Timeless baroque repertoire on display at Royal Alexandra
- Kimberley’s Jordan Roy enjoying WHL rookie season with Americans
- Sarthou, Hoflin sharp as Tri-City Americans blank Kootenay Ice
- Our Town
Streep, Bullock, Tomlin, Diaz celebrate Jane Fonda
By Sandy Cohen, The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - The American Film Institute's celebration of Jane Fonda was like a who's who of Hollywood women.
Meryl Streep, Sally Field, Sandra Bullock, Lily Tomlin and Cameron Diaz were among the actresses saluting the 76-year-old Oscar winner, who accepted AFI's 42nd Life Achievement Award Thursday in Hollywood.
Jeff Daniels sang a song with the refrain "abs, butt and thighs," and Wanda Sykes, in a "Barbarella" costume, was carried on stage by a man dressed as a winged angel.
The private ceremony at the Dolby Theatre will air as a special on TNT June 14.
Michael Douglas, Eva Longoria and Peter Fonda also spoke at the ceremony, where his sister and honoree urged guests to remain curious, saying, "It's much more important to be interested than interesting."