- Idlewild levels concerns raised in Cranbrook council
- Kimberley Business Expo becoming a regional affair
- Close encounters in Skunk Nation
- Testimony continues in RCMP shooting trial
- Letters to the Editor: October 8
- Alittle Voodoo on stage Live at Studio 64
- Economic issues at the forefront of debate
- Land of Living Nightmares
- Mount Baker volleyball runnin' Wild
- Candidates take debate to Cranbrook
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Streep, Bullock, Tomlin, Diaz celebrate Jane Fonda
By Sandy Cohen, The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - The American Film Institute's celebration of Jane Fonda was like a who's who of Hollywood women.
Meryl Streep, Sally Field, Sandra Bullock, Lily Tomlin and Cameron Diaz were among the actresses saluting the 76-year-old Oscar winner, who accepted AFI's 42nd Life Achievement Award Thursday in Hollywood.
Jeff Daniels sang a song with the refrain "abs, butt and thighs," and Wanda Sykes, in a "Barbarella" costume, was carried on stage by a man dressed as a winged angel.
The private ceremony at the Dolby Theatre will air as a special on TNT June 14.
Michael Douglas, Eva Longoria and Peter Fonda also spoke at the ceremony, where his sister and honoree urged guests to remain curious, saying, "It's much more important to be interested than interesting."