- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- 'We can turn this around'
- Our Town
Streep, Bullock, Tomlin, Diaz celebrate Jane Fonda
By Sandy Cohen, The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - The American Film Institute's celebration of Jane Fonda was like a who's who of Hollywood women.
Meryl Streep, Sally Field, Sandra Bullock, Lily Tomlin and Cameron Diaz were among the actresses saluting the 76-year-old Oscar winner, who accepted AFI's 42nd Life Achievement Award Thursday in Hollywood.
Jeff Daniels sang a song with the refrain "abs, butt and thighs," and Wanda Sykes, in a "Barbarella" costume, was carried on stage by a man dressed as a winged angel.
The private ceremony at the Dolby Theatre will air as a special on TNT June 14.
Michael Douglas, Eva Longoria and Peter Fonda also spoke at the ceremony, where his sister and honoree urged guests to remain curious, saying, "It's much more important to be interested than interesting."