- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Our Town
Streep, Bullock, Tomlin, Diaz celebrate Jane Fonda
By Sandy Cohen, The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - The American Film Institute's celebration of Jane Fonda was like a who's who of Hollywood women.
Meryl Streep, Sally Field, Sandra Bullock, Lily Tomlin and Cameron Diaz were among the actresses saluting the 76-year-old Oscar winner, who accepted AFI's 42nd Life Achievement Award Thursday in Hollywood.
Jeff Daniels sang a song with the refrain "abs, butt and thighs," and Wanda Sykes, in a "Barbarella" costume, was carried on stage by a man dressed as a winged angel.
The private ceremony at the Dolby Theatre will air as a special on TNT June 14.
Michael Douglas, Eva Longoria and Peter Fonda also spoke at the ceremony, where his sister and honoree urged guests to remain curious, saying, "It's much more important to be interested than interesting."