- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Police searching for break-in suspect in Southview neighourhood
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Our Town
Streep, Bullock, Tomlin, Diaz celebrate Jane Fonda
By Sandy Cohen, The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - The American Film Institute's celebration of Jane Fonda was like a who's who of Hollywood women.
Meryl Streep, Sally Field, Sandra Bullock, Lily Tomlin and Cameron Diaz were among the actresses saluting the 76-year-old Oscar winner, who accepted AFI's 42nd Life Achievement Award Thursday in Hollywood.
Jeff Daniels sang a song with the refrain "abs, butt and thighs," and Wanda Sykes, in a "Barbarella" costume, was carried on stage by a man dressed as a winged angel.
The private ceremony at the Dolby Theatre will air as a special on TNT June 14.
Michael Douglas, Eva Longoria and Peter Fonda also spoke at the ceremony, where his sister and honoree urged guests to remain curious, saying, "It's much more important to be interested than interesting."