- Scotland stays: Gwynne Dyer on the No vote
- Teachers vote on contract, school underway Monday
- Two dead after industrial accident
- Kimberley Air Cadet program in jeopardy
- Canada Post changes could have financial implications for city, councillor says
- City sets up reserve fund for Orchard Heights
- Man taken to hospital after serious accident
- Scotland says no; United Kingdom still united
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: B.C. Division
- Ice look to play spoiler in Alberta
- Ktunaxa clarify goal for Scotty’s House
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: Central Division
- Cold rinks, hot shots & heavy hits
- Whitecaps expand Cranbrook operations
- Women's hockey program aims to build interest
- ALR exclusion sought for former landfill
- Annual Six in the Stix bicycle race this weekend
- Stetski gives update to business community
- Clarification: Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Autumn of our discontent
- Coalition of the Unwilling
- Our Town
Gunman in 6-hour LA standoff surrenders
By The Associated Press
NORWALK, Calif. - Authorities say the gunman involved in a standoff in a Los Angeles suburb has surrendered.
The standoff in Norwalk began about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday when a joint federal, state and local task force tried to arrest the 37-year-old man, who's on probation for armed bank robbery.
Authorities say when task force members approached him, he pointed a rifle at them and ran into the home and barricaded himself.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Jeff Gordon says the man had an assault rifle and was wearing a bulletproof vest.
The man was arrested shortly before 11 p.m. after tear gas was used. Another man inside surrendered around 10:40 p.m. They were not identified.
About 30 homes had been evacuated, and people were allowed back after the standoff ended.