- Let the big dance begin
- KIJHL: Best of three
- Betker signs NHL deal
- City discusses intricacies of spray irrigation
- A senseless double murder in 2010
- Two local mines win BC safety awards
- Opening phase of new trail successful
- The fall of Basia, the rise of Ted
- There’s no place like home
- KIJHL: No place like home
- Our Town
Big heroin seizure at Vancouver's airport
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - RCMP say heroin seized at Vancouver's airport came from south Asia and involved organized crime.
Sgt. Laurie White says two men were arrested in connection with 35 kilograms of heroin that was hidden in several boxes.
Forty-two-year-old Randy Per (PUR) and 34-year-old Tenny Lim have been charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking.
White says Per has been released but Lim remains in custody and that neither was known to police before they were arrested on May 22.
She says the arrests came after an 18-month investigation.
Per and Lim are scheduled to make their next court appearance in Richmond on July 8.