- KIJHL: Let's do it again
- Success brewing
- College simulators will be upgraded through federal investment
- Acousted in the Night
- The week on the beat: Feb.23 - March 1
- New Early Years Centre launched in Cranbrook
- Regional Science Fair calls for projects from students
- Ward-Fera feted at Canada Winter Games
- KIJHL: Fernie fireworks
- Our Town
Big heroin seizure at Vancouver's airport
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - RCMP say heroin seized at Vancouver's airport came from south Asia and involved organized crime.
Sgt. Laurie White says two men were arrested in connection with 35 kilograms of heroin that was hidden in several boxes.
Forty-two-year-old Randy Per (PUR) and 34-year-old Tenny Lim have been charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking.
White says Per has been released but Lim remains in custody and that neither was known to police before they were arrested on May 22.
She says the arrests came after an 18-month investigation.
Per and Lim are scheduled to make their next court appearance in Richmond on July 8.