- Scotland stays: Gwynne Dyer on the No vote
- Teachers vote on contract, school underway Monday
- Two dead after industrial accident
- Kimberley Air Cadet program in jeopardy
- Canada Post changes could have financial implications for city, councillor says
- City sets up reserve fund for Orchard Heights
- Man taken to hospital after serious accident
- Scotland says no; United Kingdom still united
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: B.C. Division
- Ice look to play spoiler in Alberta
- Ktunaxa clarify goal for Scotty’s House
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: Central Division
- Cold rinks, hot shots & heavy hits
- Whitecaps expand Cranbrook operations
- Women's hockey program aims to build interest
- ALR exclusion sought for former landfill
- Annual Six in the Stix bicycle race this weekend
- Stetski gives update to business community
- Clarification: Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Autumn of our discontent
- Coalition of the Unwilling
- Our Town
Whitecaps: DeMerit to miss at least six weeks
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Whitecaps say captain Jay DeMerit will miss at least the next six weeks of action after tearing a tendon in his left ankle.
The injury happened in the first half of Saturday's 3-3 road draw against the Philadelphia Union.
The team said the 34-year-old DeMerit will rehab the ankle instead of opting for surgery.
The veteran defender tore his left Achilles tendon in the first game of the 2013 season and missed six months of action.
Vancouver is 5-2-6 in Major League Soccer so far in 2014 — with DeMerit having started 11 of those matches — but the Whitecaps have allowed an average of more than 1.5 goals against per game.
Vancouver's next game is June 25 at home against the Montreal Impact.