- Ice claim 'helter-skelter' victory in Red Deer
- Two dead after industrial accident
- Stetski lays out UBCM agenda
- Scotland stays: Gwynne Dyer on the No vote
- Teachers vote on contract, school underway Monday
- Kimberley Air Cadet program in jeopardy
- Canada Post changes could have financial implications for city, councillor says
- City sets up reserve fund for Orchard Heights
- Man taken to hospital after serious accident
- Scotland says no; United Kingdom still united
- Our Town
Stanley Cup riot investigations continue
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Investigations into the Stanley Cup riot in Vancouver are continuing three years after the mayhem made international headlines.
Police have recommended charges against 365 suspected rioters since June 15, 2011.
So far, the Crown has approved charges against 298 people, and 260 of those charged have entered guilty pleas.
Only one suspected rioter who's been identified and charged with criminal offences remains on the Canada-wide wanted list.
Police say 33-year-old Michelle Scarce had been working in Whistler during the time of the riot, but returned home to Australia after photos appeared on social media sites and her employer fired her.
The riot began at an outdoor viewing area where thousands of fans gathered to watch giant screens set up for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final, which the Canucks lost to the Boston Bruins.