- The Bozon Effect
- Triple trouble weekend on tap for Dynamiters
- Wilks’ instincts kicked in when gunfire erupted
- Bill Bennett speaks stateside
- Dalke helps out with a rival’s hunt
- Strength in sport
- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Our Town
3 charged in shooting of armoured car guard
By The Canadian Press
TORONTO - An armoured car guard is in critical condition after being shot several times during an attempted robbery early this morning in Toronto.
Toronto police say three men have been arrested and are facing attempted murder charges.
Staff Insp. Mike Earl says the guard was "ambushed" and shot as the Garda World security company truck pulled up to service a TD Bank branch.
Earl says the guard took four rounds to the body and was undergoing surgery in hospital.
He says the second guard never got out of the truck, which went into lockdown and the suspects fled.
Earl says the three men charged are all 18 years old and are also facing robbery-related charges and conspiracy charges in connection to a similar incident earlier this month.