- Stetski lays out UBCM agenda
- Scotland stays: Gwynne Dyer on the No vote
- Teachers vote on contract, school underway Monday
- Kimberley Air Cadet program in jeopardy
- Canada Post changes could have financial implications for city, councillor says
- City sets up reserve fund for Orchard Heights
- Man taken to hospital after serious accident
- Scotland says no; United Kingdom still united
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: B.C. Division
- Ice look to play spoiler in Alberta
- Our Town
3 charged in shooting of armoured car guard
By The Canadian Press
TORONTO - An armoured car guard is in critical condition after being shot several times during an attempted robbery early this morning in Toronto.
Toronto police say three men have been arrested and are facing attempted murder charges.
Staff Insp. Mike Earl says the guard was "ambushed" and shot as the Garda World security company truck pulled up to service a TD Bank branch.
Earl says the guard took four rounds to the body and was undergoing surgery in hospital.
He says the second guard never got out of the truck, which went into lockdown and the suspects fled.
Earl says the three men charged are all 18 years old and are also facing robbery-related charges and conspiracy charges in connection to a similar incident earlier this month.