- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Police searching for break-in suspect in Southview neighourhood
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Our Town
Arrest made in week-old slaying in Surrey
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Homicide investigators in Surrey, B.C., have laid charges in the recent death of a man.
Sgt. Bari Imam says 42-year-old Dustin Anderson of Nanaimo was arrested in that Vancouver Island city.
Anderson is accused of one count of second degree murder.
He is expected to appear in provincial court in Surrey on Tuesday.
Thirty-three-year-old Shaunce Poirier was found critically injured in a north Surrey neighbourhood on June 16 and died a short time later.
At the time, police said the attack was not random, but investigators have never released a motive or said how Poirier was killed.