- RCMP believe 58-year-old Creston woman’s death was a homicide
- Remember way back in 2015?
- Study calculates there are now 3 trillion trees now on Earth
- Versatility, simplicity name of game for Mortlock
- Cranbrook man recuperating after grizzly attack
- KIJHL: Nitros deal Lane to Langley, sign rugged defenceman Bertoia
- Kootenay Country Fair coming up
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Arrest made in week-old slaying in Surrey
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Homicide investigators in Surrey, B.C., have laid charges in the recent death of a man.
Sgt. Bari Imam says 42-year-old Dustin Anderson of Nanaimo was arrested in that Vancouver Island city.
Anderson is accused of one count of second degree murder.
He is expected to appear in provincial court in Surrey on Tuesday.
Thirty-three-year-old Shaunce Poirier was found critically injured in a north Surrey neighbourhood on June 16 and died a short time later.
At the time, police said the attack was not random, but investigators have never released a motive or said how Poirier was killed.