- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Arrest made in week-old slaying in Surrey
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Homicide investigators in Surrey, B.C., have laid charges in the recent death of a man.
Sgt. Bari Imam says 42-year-old Dustin Anderson of Nanaimo was arrested in that Vancouver Island city.
Anderson is accused of one count of second degree murder.
He is expected to appear in provincial court in Surrey on Tuesday.
Thirty-three-year-old Shaunce Poirier was found critically injured in a north Surrey neighbourhood on June 16 and died a short time later.
At the time, police said the attack was not random, but investigators have never released a motive or said how Poirier was killed.