- Police arrest two, seek third suspect in local break and enter
- Council discusses the nature of contingency
- RCMP focus on traffic issues near high school
- Three Arrested following a long weekend assault
- Colossal gains
- Tentative road paving schedule set
- KIJHL: Soaring onward
- RCMP steps up school zone enforcement
- Our Town
Quake shakes Alaska, no tsunami for B.C.
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A strong earthquake has rumbled off Alaska's Aleutian Islands.
There are no reports yet of damage or injuries from the 8.0 earthquake.
Emergency Management British Columbia says there's a tsunami warning in effect for coastal areas of Alaska from Nikolski to Attu.
For other areas of Canada and the U.S. on the Pacific Coast, the emergency centre says the level of tsunami danger is still being evaluated.
So far, both the U.S. Geological Survey and the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre say that based on available data a destructive Pacific-wide tsunami isn't expected.