- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Cruisin' Kootenays
- Local man recovering from grizzly attack
- Scooters are human, too
- Into the great wide open
- Back in the ring
- Thief snags three guns in broad daylight at Fernie Canadian Tire
- City receives permit to cull 50 deer
- John York returns for election number three
- McPhee running for School Board
- Our Town
Police recommend charges against pot dispensary
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Police in Vancouver are recommending charges after executing a search warrant at a marijuana dispensary.
They say the search was conducted to obtain additional evidence as part of an ongoing investigation.
Police say the business appears to be operating in an unsafe manner.
The department monitors pot dispensaries and follows up on complaints.
Insp. Mike Serr, who is in charge of the drug squad, says such businesses are illegal and that police initiate investigations on a priority basis related to public safety concerns.
Police are also assessing whether civil forfeiture should be recommended.