- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Police recommend charges against pot dispensary
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Police in Vancouver are recommending charges after executing a search warrant at a marijuana dispensary.
They say the search was conducted to obtain additional evidence as part of an ongoing investigation.
Police say the business appears to be operating in an unsafe manner.
The department monitors pot dispensaries and follows up on complaints.
Insp. Mike Serr, who is in charge of the drug squad, says such businesses are illegal and that police initiate investigations on a priority basis related to public safety concerns.
Police are also assessing whether civil forfeiture should be recommended.