- Teachers' union, province reach tentative agreement
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: U.S. Division
- Wilderness wanderers rescued
- It's Fightin’ Season
- Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Open fires still prohibited in Southeast Fire Centre
- Regional treaty celebrates 50th anniversary
- Scottish referendum puts generation gap on display
- Two new “Islamic States”
- B.C. teachers, employers reach tentative deal
- Our Town
Singer Chris Brown expected in DC court
By The Associated Press
WASHINGTON - Singer Chris Brown is expected to be in Washington for a hearing on the assault charge he faces.
Brown is scheduled Wednesday in D.C. Superior Court.
Brown was arrested and charged with misdemeanour assault in October, accused of hitting a man outside the W hotel. That man says Brown hit him after he tried to get in a photograph that the singer was taking with two women.
Prosecutors wanted Brown in Washington to face trial. At the time it was set to start, Brown was in a Los Angeles jail after being kicked out of a rehab facility. He was released earlier this month. Brown was still on probation for a 2009 attack on singer Rihanna, his then girlfriend.
No new trial date has been set in the D.C. case.