- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Singer Chris Brown expected in DC court
By The Associated Press
WASHINGTON - Singer Chris Brown is expected to be in Washington for a hearing on the assault charge he faces.
Brown is scheduled Wednesday in D.C. Superior Court.
Brown was arrested and charged with misdemeanour assault in October, accused of hitting a man outside the W hotel. That man says Brown hit him after he tried to get in a photograph that the singer was taking with two women.
Prosecutors wanted Brown in Washington to face trial. At the time it was set to start, Brown was in a Los Angeles jail after being kicked out of a rehab facility. He was released earlier this month. Brown was still on probation for a 2009 attack on singer Rihanna, his then girlfriend.
No new trial date has been set in the D.C. case.